Today 2008 ends, inevitably, at midnight and the new year 2009 will begin. Wouldn’t it be great if, just as inevitably, your worries, problems, pain or suffering were to end with 2008, and new possibilities and a better phase would arrive with 2009?
Here is how to make this happen:
* First, call on your God, Goddess, Guardian Angel, Spirit or Higher Self, according to your beliefs, to guide, help and support you in this process.
* Spend some time today writing a list or drawing images or symbols to represent the things you’d like to let go of and set it to one side. (You can add to it during the day if you want).
When we suffer physical or emotional pain, through illness, difficult relationships or challenging situations, these drain our energy and take up space in our thoughts and feelings. You can clear and free up your energy and create yourself some mental and emotional space as follows:
* Imagine, visualise, sense all the negative things affecting you as energy cords between your body-mind system and the other people and situations involved. These may be things you identified on your list or drawing, and maybe other things will occur to you.
* Imagine cutting these energy cords, by any means that works for you, and imagine drawing your end of the cords back into yourself. Feel yourself becoming energised as you reclaim your energy; breathe in fresh life and hope. Meanwhile let go of the other end of each energy cord, just being aware of it returning to the person, place or thing where it belongs.
* When this is done, burn or tear up and throw away the piece of paper with your list or drawings.
* You may want to do this whole process outside, to let the wind help carry away the old energies and bring in the new, or you could follow this process with a shower, to physically cleanse away the things you are clearing. If you choose to have a shower or bath, scrub yourself all over with sea salt and then smooth creams and lotions all over your body. Imagine cleansing and clearing your energy field and sealing in healing, positive energies during this process.
Do all these things any time before going to any New Year party or celebrations. Whenever and wherever you are celebrating the new year coming in, say goodbye to the old year and old problems and welcome in the new year: a new phase, renewed hope and positive energy and new solutions.
On New Year’s Day I will share with you some ways of helping to bring in these new energies and possibilities for 2009.